Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented IT Department Manager, Network Engineering (144560). Do you have experience with Network Engineering? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
You will have primary responsibility for providing overall guidance and direction to technical teams consisting of managers, network engineers, network architects, and project managers. Your primary function will be to lead these teams in pursuit of developing and implementing quality and resilient network designs that meet unique and specific business requirements. You will be expected to manage team activities related to collecting and interpreting network requirements, applying network technologies to meeting those requirements, testing and evaluating network technologies, documenting new network designs and architectures, developing project plans, and assisting with any design related implementation activities. Additionally, you will be responsible for managing your teams’ performance including career planning/ support, training, interviewing, hiring, rewarding, disciplining, and performance & salary reviews.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- 8 or more years of IT experience
- 6 or more years of experience leading IT teams
- Experience leading multiple teams simultaneously to successful deliver on their strategic goals
- Excellent understanding of network technologies that support LAN/WAN, cloud and broadband (some of these applications could include VPN, DHCP, DNS, VLANS, as well as others not listed)
- Exceptional understanding of networking protocols such as TCP/IP, SNMP/RMON and RDP
- Must have exceptional understanding of factors affecting network optimization and performance; network capacity analysis and trending; network security mechanisms such as VPN, IPSEC and SSL
- Proven commitment to continuous improvement while upholding availability and resilience of network services
- Ability to balance risk with business priorities and applies the appropriate sense of urgency to issues
- Commitment to cost controls and effective measures to manage budgets and reduce expenses
- Exceptional communication skills, including the ability to articulate complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Ability to establish effective working relationships within all levels of the organization
- Experience managing 3rd party and vendor relationships and negotiations
- Commitment to protecting our customers, our employees, and our brands by incorporating security and compliance in all decisions; ensures security policy and procedure requirements are met; continuously identifies opportunities for improving security and implements strategies to improve our security posture
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
- Experience leading networking teams in global organization with 1,000+ locations
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time.
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Keywords: IT, Network
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!