Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Geospatial Software Engineer (147807). Do you have experience with Python, Java and Go? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
The Geospatial Software Engineer will be involved in the design of big data solutions that leverage open source and cloud-based solutions within the Location360 enterprise initiative and will work with multiple teams across the organization (i.e. cloud analytics, data architects, business groups). The software engineer will participate in the building of large-scale data processing systems and APIs and should be able to work with the latest open-source technologies.
Required Skills & Experience:
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant job experience.
- Minimum of 2-year experience with Python, Java, Go, or similar development languages.
- Experience developing HTTP APIs (REST and/or GraphQL) that serve up data in an open source technology, preferably in a cloud environment.
- Ability to build and maintain modern cloud architecture, e.g. AWS, Google Cloud, etc.
- Experience working with PostgreSQL/PostGIS.
- Experience with code versioning and dependency management systems such as GitHub, SVT, and Maven.
- Proven success utilizing Docker to build and deploy within a CI/CD Environment, preferably using Kubernetes.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- MSc in Computer Science or related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of open-source geospatial solutions like GeoServer, GeoTrellis, GeoMesa.
- Experience with stream processing, e.g. Kafka.
- Highly proficient (4 years) in GoLang
- Experience working with customers/other developers to deliver full-stack development solutions e.g collect software, data, and timeline requirements in an Agile environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of agriculture and/or agriculture-oriented businesses.
- Experience implementing complex data projects with a focus on collecting, parsing, managing, and delivery of large sets of data to turn information into insights using multiple platforms.
- Demonstrated experience adapting to new technologies.
- Capable to decide on the needed hardware and software design needs and act according to the decisions. The big data engineer should be able to develop prototypes and proof of concepts for the selected solutions.
- Experience with object-oriented design, coding and testing patterns as well as experience in engineering (commercial or open source) software platforms and large-scale data infrastructures should be present.
- Experience creating cloud computing solutions and web applications leveraging public and private API’s.
- Proven experience (2 years) with distributed systems, e.g. Argo, Kubernetes, Spark, distributed databases, grid computing.
- Proficient (4+ years) working in a Command Line Interface system e.g Docker, Argo, K8s, AWS CLI, GCloud, pSQL, SSH
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp agreement.
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.