Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Geospatial Data Scientist, Python, GIS – 146808. Do you have experience with Python and GIS? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
We are looking for a highly motivated Data Scientist to join our team. Our team leverages statistical and machine learning models to analyze complex environmental and agronomic data to provide data and analytics driven solutions to various crop management decisions. The successful candidate will use advanced knowledge and skills in statistics and machine learning to deliver innovative scientific breakthroughs, develop end to end solution for complex analytic problems.
Required Skills & Experience:
- PhD/master’s in Geospatial Science, mathematics, statistics, computer engineering, remote sensing or a related field.
- Proficiency of at least one of Python or R is a must-have and working knowledge of the other.
- Good knowledge on analytics algorithms and statistical concepts including multi-variate, computational statistics and matrix algebra.
- Highly competent in current technologies and open source solutions and be self-driven and able to deliver technical work on schedule within an environment.
- Proficient in machine learning algorithms and concepts and processes.
- Ability to work in a highly interactive, team-oriented environment.
- Effective verbal communication of technical concepts and written documentation of progress and results.
- Need to have experience in handling version control tool like GitHub.
- Adhere to data science and coding best practices such as unit testing, packaging and Docker containers.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Familiarity with basic concepts and frameworks related to hydrological and geophysical processes on land surface.
- Experience running field experiments in agriculture
- Experience in using machine learning, & statistical methods to solve research problems
- Experience in developing pipelines to supply environmental and agronomic data
- Experience using cloud services (AWS, GCP or Azure) for data analysis and modeling
- Experience in handling version control tool like GitHub.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp agreement.
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Keywords: Python, GIS
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.