Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Geospatial Data Scientist Engineer, Python – 146548. Do you have experience with Python? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
You will develop, test and production advanced spatial analytical methods in the agricultural domain. Collaborate with data scientists/engineers/stewards on data extraction and data cleaning. Design, implement and optimize geospatial, statistical and machine learning models based on structured and unstructured data. Work closely with the software engineering team, data engineers and business representative in the delivery of analytic software.
Required Skills & Experience:
- PhD/masters in Geospatial Science, mathematics, statistics, computer engineering or a related field.
- Statistics courses/publications/proven expertise as a plus.
- Good knowledge on analytics algorithms and statistical concepts including multi-variate, computational statistics and matrix algebra.
- Highly competent in current technologies and open source solutions and be self-driven and able to deliver technical work on schedule within a professional environment.
- Proficient in machine learning algorithms and concepts and possess the ability to work in a highly interactive, team-oriented environment.
- Exceptional verbal communication of technical concepts and written documentation of progress and results.
- Proficiency of at least one of Python or R is a must-have and working knowledge of the other.
- Need to have experience in handling version control tool like GitHub.
- Adhere to data science and coding best practices such as unit testing, packaging and Docker containers.
- Expert in Geospatial Information Systems with working knowledge of geographic concepts such as map projections, spatial geometries, spatial autocorrelation and geo-statistics.
- Expert in Python or R with working knowledge of the other
- Looking for someone with 3-5 years of experience.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp agreement.
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.