Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Geospatial Big Data & Cloud Ops Engineer, AWS – 145542. Do you have experience with AWS and Hadoop? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
You will work with other Location360 SREs and Software Engineers to automate all things for our hybrid cloud platform. You will assist in in maintaining our existing AWS EMR clusters and work extensively with Geomesa. You will work on improving the stability and observability of our existing EMR/Geomesa implementation. You will lead the refactoring of our existing EMR/Geomesa implementation. Creating tooling to around GitOps to automate the deployment of code and infrastructure. Create Terraform artifacts to automate the deployment and management of Cloud Infrastructure. Create Kubernetes related artifacts based on Kustomize. Continuously improve the observability of the Location360 tech stack by integrating logging, testing, metrics, tracing, dashboards, and alerts with CD pipelines.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Strong understanding and familiarity with Hadoop Ecosystem (HDFS/HBASE/Accumulo)
- Strong understanding and experience with AWS EMR
- Experience working with large geospatial data sets, as well as experience with Geomesa
- Working as part of a team, be able to come up with ideas and suggestion and be open to feedback
- Data streaming experience with Kafka or similar tools
- Ability to quickly learn technologies such as Terraform, Kubernetes, Elasticsearch (ELK Stack), PostgreSQL/PostGIS, Google Cloud Spanner, AWS, GCP, Grafana and Google Data Studio
- Basic understanding of OAuth 2.0 and Open ID Connect.
- Software engineering experience with programming languages like Scala, Java, Python or GoLang
- Developer first mindset
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience with creating Kubernetes operators using Kubebuilder or Operator SDK
- Experience with Argo CD / Flux / Argo Workflows
- Experience implementing a GitOps workflow
- Experience with object-oriented design, coding and testing patterns as well as experience in engineering (commercial or open source) software platforms and large-scale data infrastructures should be present.
- Experience creating cloud computing solutions and web applications leveraging public and private APIs
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp agreement.
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Keywords: AWS, Hadoop
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.