Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Expert Software Developer, Python, Java, AWS (144677). Do you have experience with Python, Java, and AWS? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
The Genomics and Data Sciences team will hire one application developer for the Genomics Automation team. The primary responsibility for this role is to develop, maintain and document the application tools used in our genomics automation pipelines in the cloud environment. You will collaborate with scientists, data engineers, and IT teams to understand requirements. Work on all aspects of the design, development, validation, scaling and delivery of data solutions. Develop well structured, and easy to use code. Implement continuous development best practices. Deploy and support automation pipelines and associated applications. Document work in order to share knowledge and tools. Help the team establish and improve processes and methodologies, like SCRUM or Kanban. Facilitate and participate in code reviews, retrospectives, testing and other team activities focused on improving quality of delivery. Think critically, prioritize, and solve technical challenges.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of experience or Masters degree with 2+ years of experience in computer science, engineering, bioinformatics, genomics or related discipline with relevant experience.
- Proficient in at least two of Python, Java and R/Shiny languages.
- Proficient in developing and interacting with APIs.
- Proficient in relational databases (other types of database are a plus).
- 2+ years of experience working in a cloud environment (AWS preferred).
- Experience developing and deploying software using DevOps best practices.
- 2+ years using git version control.
- Interest in an implementation-focused role.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience in React JS.
- Experience in utilizing AWS services for data pipeline development.
- Experience using or building containerized code for computing.
- Experience in running production cloud systems and diagnosing and fixing problems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to plan, schedule and deliver quality software, DevOps methodology preferred.
- Driven to learn new tools, techniques, and skills.
- Be able to suggest improvements to bioinformatics pipelines.
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Keywords: Java, Python, AWS
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.