Technology Partners is currently seeking an Expert Cloud Engineer, Python, Geospatial (144599). Do you have experience with Python and Geospatial Libraries? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
Design, build and support of cloud and open source systems to process geospatial data assets via an API-based platform. Partner with other internal development communities to produce data assets from Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) and remote sensing platforms (public and commercial). Building highly scalable APIs and associative architecture to support thousands of requests per second. Being able to work across multiple teams internal/external to gather requirements and ensure project development is aligned to those requirements. Being able to improve the performance of the existing services and be able to identify the scope for any enhancements. Define and implement best practices for parsing, managing, analyzing and making available large sets of data to turn information into insights using multiple platforms. Working at all stages of the software life cycle: Proof of Concept, MVP, Production, and Deprecation.
Required Skills & Experience:
- BSc degree in a geo-science, Image Science, Computer Science, Photogrammetry, Engineering, Physics, other STEM related field or 5 years relevant job experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience with Python development language
- Proven experience working with multiple imagery processing workflows e.g. classification, vegetation indices, atmospheric correction, feature labeling and extraction, etc.
- Knowledge in additional programming or scripting languages including but not limited to Java, Scala
- Experience with geospatial libraries e.g. GDAL, PyProj, PDAL, PySTAC, Rasterio, etc.
- Experience developing HTTP APIs (Open API, REST, gRPC, and/or GraphQL)
- Experience building, deploying, maintaining modern cloud architecture, e.g. AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, etc.
- Experience working with PostgreSQL/PostGIS
- Experience working with cloud object storage, e.g. AWS S3, Google Cloud Storage, etc.
- Experience with code versioning and dependency management systems such as GitHub, SVT, and Maven. Git experience is strongly preferred
- Proven success utilizing Docker to build, test, and deploy within a CI/CD Environment, preferably using Kubernetes and ArgoCD
- Demonstrated understanding of software engineering tools to write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Willingness to lead/mentor junior developers on best practices
Desired Skills & Experience:
- MSc in geo-science, Image Science, Computer Science, Photogrammetry, Engineering, Physics, or other STEM related field
- Highly proficient (5 years) in Python
- Experience with advanced image processing workflows with LiDAR, multi/hyper-spectral imagery
- Experience with photogrammetry techniques and/or geolocation and mensuration assessment experience
- Experience with raw data handling from Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) and/or Satellite image collection platforms
- Proficient with QGIS or similar desktop GIS environments with emphasis in imagery analytics
- Experience with developing HTTP APIs using common Python frameworks (Flask, Django, FastAPI)
- Proven experience (3 years) with distributed systems, e.g. Argo, Kubernetes, Spark, distributed databases, grid computing
- Experience with cloud-vendor managed data services e.g. AWS Elasticsearch and Google Big Query
- Proficient (5+ years) working in a Command Line Interface system e.g Docker, Argo, K8s, AWS CLI, GCloud, pSQL, SSH
- Experience with stream processing, e.g. Kafka
- Proven experience with Geoserver, STAC, or other OGC standard technologies
- Familiarity with agriculture and/or precision agriculture-oriented businesses
- Experience implementing complex data projects with a focus on collecting, parsing, managing, and delivery of large sets of data to turn information into insights using multiple platforms.
- Demonstrated experience adapting to new technologies
- Experience with object-oriented design, coding and testing patterns as well as experience in engineering (commercial or open source) software platforms and large-scale data infrastructures should be present
- Experience creating cloud computing solutions and web applications that can synthesize data from public and private API’s
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp agreement.
We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Keywords: Python, Java, Scala, API, HTTP, REST, PostgreSQL, AWS, GIS
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.