Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Engineer 2 (148606). Do you have experience with Linux and Windows? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
As an Engineer 2, you will design, develop, and modify many different elements of technology. You will be required to understand advanced methods, theories, and research techniques that establish ongoing direction and implementation of the technology vision and strategy. As an Engineer 2, we will be looking to you as a subject matter expert in multiple technology areas that will positively represent your team within and outside of your department. You will be leading implementations and providing viable recommendations for implementing new solutions. You will be providing instruction and guidance to less senior team members on new tasks and assignments, ensuring deadlines are met. Daily activities will include collaborating with other Engineers and recommending adjustments to the architecture to improve the overall quality and integration. You will also be required to monitor key performance metrics to ensure compliance with established standards, processes, and procedures.
As an Engineer 2, you will be responsible for using your technical knowledge of professional concepts to solve business problems. We are looking for a talented individual who can serve as a subject matter expert in their focus area and represent their department on complex assignments. You will be responsible for evaluating elements of technology’s effectiveness through requirements gathering, testing, research, and investigation and make recommendations for improvements that result in increased quality and effectiveness. You will be required to listen to and evaluate customer needs to determine and provide high-quality solutions that align with customer expectations.
As an Engineer 2 on the Development Tools team, you will be responsible for designing, modifying, and developing complex code independently, within or outside various teams using applicable technology. You will be responsible for mentoring, driving standards, ensuring code performance, contributing to code reviews, and performing unit and integration testing. You will also assist with the analysis and review of software requirements and testing of code.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years of experience supporting related technologies (CI/CD orchestration, source code management, binary management, etc)
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- 2+ years of infrastructure engineering experience, including Linux and Windows
- Ability to troubleshoot and utilize the relevant findings to resolve incidents
- Ability to plan, communicate, and perform product upgrades
- Knowledge of Test Automation tools
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, and/or similar tools
- Experience with agile development methodologies and tools such as Scrum or Kanban
- Experience with middleware technologies like WebLogic and Tomcat
- Must possess excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Must possess willingness and drive to learn
- Strong teamwork abilities in a collaborative environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Ability to work between 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM CT or 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM CT
- Ability to participate in a weekly 24/7 on call rotation with the rest of the team
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
- Experience with Jenkins, BitBucket, Artifactory, and Test Automation tools
- Experience writing Java and Groovy
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker
- Experience with cloud platforms, such as AWS and Azure
Pay:$65.67 – $93.81/hr
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp agreement.
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Keywords: software engineering, linux, windows, sld, jira, confluence
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.
All offers of employment at Technology Partners are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check and drug screening that meet corresponding laws and regulations at the city, state and federal level.
Pay ranges are influenced by candidate qualifications, experience, and role specifics, with the actual rate determined considering skills, market conditions, and are subject to change by the employer; pay negotiations follow all state and federal legal guidelines.