Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Electrical & Automation Specialist (148378). Do you have experience with PLC and supervising work done by vendors? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
We are looking for an Electrical and Automation Specialist with leadership skills who can do hands-on work but is also capable of supervising the work of vendors, while following all applicable company standards. This position requires creativity, experience, and the ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts. This is an exciting opportunity for developing both technical and leadership skills.
- Review User Requirement Specification (URS) and make the necessary Electrical and Automation recommendations based on Nestle standards.
- Support training for operators and maintenance teams according to Nestle guidelines.
- Develop necessary timeline and schedule to keep track of milestones, parts ordered, and vendor commitments.
- Review/Build electrical design using AUTOCAD according to Nestle standards. This includes necessary electrical calculations and SISTEMA documentation.
- Review/ Build Pneumatic Designs needed for projects.
- Review/Build control design and MCC designs with vendors and make sure Nestle standards are being followed.
- Bill of Materials (BOM) – Review/Create the BOM using the electrical and Pneumatic schematics and keep track of the materials delivery.
- Review/Create PLC tagging using Nestle S88 document standards.
- Review/Design PLC program in Rockwell Studio 5000 and Siemens TIA where necessary and making sure NEAT toolbox 7 (Nestle programming standard) is followed where necessary.
- Create/Review Network Architecture and communication exchange signals between PLCs.
- Create checklist for FAT (Factory Acceptance Test) and SAT (Site Acceptance Test) according to company’s guidelines.
- Review/Build HMI screens using Wonderware Software and NEAT 7.0 guidelines.
- Create a simulation plan to review various functionality of SCADA like Recipe Management, Product Routes, CIP Routes, etc.
- Review and work with vendors to make sure the HMI screens and SCADA controls are intuitive and work with operations team to achieve the same.
- Work with cross functional teams and develop action plans to facilitate E&A objectives for the factory.
- Recommend and drive actions to build smart and cohesive systems for seamless integration with other systems.
- Streamline engineering processes by creating Standard Operation Procedures (SOP).
- Provide support to process control and process monitoring equipment software design, commissioning, testing, and corrective action.
- Support all phases of the factory including concept and research; estimating cost; component selection; network design; panel design; layout; purchasing; device troubleshooting; PLC programming; HMI tagging; FAT support. Responsible for working with internal Nestle teams and vendors to hit the project timeline for a successful startup of the Factory.
Estimated travel required: 30% of time
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline with 3 plus years experience in Electrical, Controls/Automation, or Mechatronics Engineering related roles
- Associate degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline with 7 plus years experience in Electrical, Controls/Automation, or Mechatronics Engineering related roles
- Must have proper expertise and knowledge to integrate power switch gear, automation components, transformers, and branch circuit protection with motors, valves, filters, and sensors into a high-quality system.
- AutoCAD proficiency
- Expertise in drafting electrical schematics with power and control systems
- Experience programming and troubleshooting PLC ladder logic, structured text, and function blocks
Pay: $39.90 – $57 /hr
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp agreement.
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Keywords: PLC, Controls/Automation, Electrical Engineer, Electrical Schematics, AutoCAD
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.
All offers of employment at Technology Partners are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check and drug screening that meet corresponding laws and regulations at the city, state and federal level.
Pay ranges are influenced by candidate qualifications, experience, and role specifics, with the actual rate determined considering skills, market conditions, and are subject to change by the employer; pay negotiations follow all state and federal legal guidelines.