Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Database Engineer, Oracle – 146574. Do you have experience with Oracle? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
You will develop and/or implement timely, cost effective, and high-quality database solutions. Responsible for working with internal technology partners to understand business requirements and database needs, then planning and executing installation, build, and configuration to meet those needs. Broad knowledge of database concepts and ability to perform database management and maintenance consisting of: DBMS and related software installs, upgrades and patches (including security patching), Logical and physical database design. Structure modifications / schema management, Database reorganizations, Space monitoring and management / Capacity planning, Performance analysis and tuning (both at SQL and DBMS level), Data integrity checks and cleanup, Database backups and recovery, Disaster recovery, Data loads, Coding, maintaining and consulting on database procedures and triggers. Troubleshooting DBMS and related problems. Participate in on-call duty pager rotation. Consultation on database issues and tools with internal customers and other IT groups. Build and maintain relationships with customers, peers, staff and other IT groups. Provide project activities in compliance with the approved methodologies and standards. Provide root cause analysis, efficient production support and maintenance / enhancements for existing applications. Participate in or lead special projects/assignments. Meet schedules and estimates for assigned tasks. Provide regular status updates.
Required Skills & Experience:
- In-depth knowledge of Oracle (10g, 11g, 12c, 19c)
- In-depth knowledge of Oracle RAC, DataGuard, Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) and RMAN
- Strong understanding of performance tuning methodologies.
- In-depth knowledge of database security implementations, data privacy and Sarbanes Oxley controls.
- Knowledge of high availability, Golden Gate replication, and disaster recovery architectures.
- Working knowledge of Unix/ Linux platforms and operating systems including scripting, editors, etc.
- Working knowledge of Exadata platform a plus.
- Working knowledge of OUD/EUS, Oracle Key Vault, and VPD a plus.
- Working knowledge and understanding of software development technologies, methodologies, and associated tools
- Working knowledge of application architectures (Web, Client Server, Batch, etc.)
- Knowledge of other database technologies and platforms is a plus.
- Experience utilizing Ansible for infrastructure as code solutions is a plus.
- Working knowledge of typical IT organization and business units
- Degree in Computer Science or a related field preferred
- In-depth knowledge of DBMS related technologies (specifically Oracle)
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Keywords: Oracle, Oracle databases, Oracle Rdb, RMAN
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.