Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Data Scientist, Python, Machine Learning (144612). Do you have experience with Data Science? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
You will manipulate, transform, and perform exploratory analysis on large and diverse agronomic datasets as part of building models. You will design and prototype models based on using diverse techniques that include, but are not limited to: statistical modeling, data mining, optimization modeling, AI and machine learning. You will also implement and test algorithms and techniques relevant to achieving project objectives. You will select the most appropriate modeling techniques and data visualization for large datasets. You will write robust, well-documented and well-tested research code and code libraries that adhere to community standards and best practices. You will collaborate with team members and across the Science organization to deliver high-quality, reproducible research.
Required Skills & Experience:
- PhD with 1 year of experience or MS with 2 years of experience in Statistics, Applied Math, Data Science, or another highly quantitative discipline.
- Demonstrated ability to apply advanced statistical methodology and data science to real-world problems.
- Strong Python coding skills for data analysis and modeling, including experience with standard data science packages (numpy, pandas, matplotlib, seaborn, sklearn).
- Ability to learn new quantitative domains and modeling techniques.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills for interactions with team members.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrated experience building statistical, simulation, and/or predictive Bayesian models.
- Passion for writing well-structured, well-tested, maintainable, performant, and well-documented code, with an emphasis on scientific code.
- Experience translating scientific models into code.
- Applied experience with agricultural science and/or agricultural datasets.
- Experience using tools for big datasets, such as SQL and PySpark.
- Experience using version control systems, e.g. git.
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp agreement.
We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.