Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Data Scientist, Python – 146857. Do you have experience with Python? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
You will manipulate, transform, and perform exploratory analysis on large and diverse agronomic datasets to support model building on field trial design and analysis. Develop and improve existing models using diverse techniques that include, but are not limited to, machine learning and statistical modeling. Support model productionization and work closely with other Science, Engineering and Product teams for model implementation. Write robust and well-documented code to deliver impactful scientific research. Strong communication skills for interactions with team members.
Required Skills & Experience:
- BA/BS in Applied Math, Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, Physics, Agronomy, Engineering or a related quantitative discipline with at least a 2 years of data analytics or data science experience.
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist
- Strong skill using Python including experience with data wrangling, visualization and data analysis (e.g. pandas, numpy, matplotlib / seaborn, geopandas, shapely, scikit-learn, etc.)
- Intermediate understanding of statistical techniques used for analysis and predictive modeling
- Knowledgeable of version control, e.g. git
- Detail-oriented and capable of performing deep dives into datasets
- Strong communication skills to solicit information from domain experts and present results back to a technical audience
- Self-starter as well as able to work as part of a team
Desired Skills & Experience:
- MA/M.Sc. in a quantitative discipline
- Experience using tools for big datasets, such as SQL and PySpark.
- Knowledge of agricultural technology especially with regard to row crops
- Curiosity and an open mind towards unfamiliar data sources and unfamiliar quantitative domains
- Experience with complex data formats and data of varying quality
- Experience building data pipelines and interacting with APIs
- Working knowledge of AWS
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp agreement.
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.