Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Data Scientist, Python (145434). Do you have experience with Python? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
You will clean, munge, and explore diverse environmental datasets, including soils, weather, crop, etc. Develop environmental features, and test these features in predictive models. Design, prototype, and implement models to understand variability within and across agricultural fields. Write robust, well-documented, and well-tested research code and code libraries that adhere to community standards and best practices. Collaborate with team members and across the Science organization to deliver high-quality, reproducible research.
Required Skills & Experience:
- MS with 2 years of experience or PhD with 1 year of experience in Data Science, Statistics, Soil Science, Agronomy, Earth System Science, or other highly quantitative discipline
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience analyzing and/or modeling soils data
- Demonstrated experience building machine learning, simulation, and/or statistical models
- Demonstrated ability to apply data science to real-world problems
- Strong Python coding skills for data analysis and modeling, including experience with standard data science packages (numpy, pandas, matplotlib, seaborn, sklearn)
- Ability to learn new quantitative domains and modeling techniques
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong communication skills
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with processing and analyzing environmental, geospatial, and/or agronomic data
- Passion for writing well-structured, well-tested, maintainable, performant, and well-documented code, with an emphasis on scientific code
- Experience using tools for big datasets, such as SQL and PySpark
- Experience using version control systems, e.g. git
- Experience with remote sensing data
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp agreement.
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.