Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Data Scientist, Python (144968). Do you have experience with Python? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
You will manipulate, transform, and perform exploratory analysis on large and diverse agronomic datasets as part of building models. Build and validate predictive models using diverse techniques that include but are not limited to deep learning, machine learning, process modeling, and statistical modeling. Write robust, well-documented and well-tested research code and code libraries that adhere to community standards and best practices. Participate in brainstorming sessions, help with designing, planning, and implementing solutions, and assist with code review. Collaborate with team members and across the Science organization to deliver high-quality, reproducible research.
Required Skills & Experience:
- PhD with 1 year of experience or MS with 2 years of experience in Data Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Machine Learning, or another highly quantitative discipline
- Strong Python coding skills for data science including experience with standard data science packages (e.g., numpy, pandas, matplotlib, seaborn, sklearn)
- Experience using tools for Big Data analysis such as SQL and PySpark
- Ability to learn new quantitative domains and modeling techniques
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong communication skills for effective interactions with team members
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrated experience building predictive machine learning, deep learning, simulation, and/or statistical models
- Passion for writing well-structured, well-tested, maintainable, performant, and well-documented code, with an emphasis on scientific code
- Applied experience with agricultural science and/or agricultural datasets
- Knowledge of agricultural technology especially with regard to row crops
- Experience translating scientific models into code
- Experience using version control systems (e.g., git)
- Experience joining large and diverse datasets across multiple databases & performing data quality checks
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp agreement.
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.