Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Data Scientist (144701). Do you have experience as a Data Scientist? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
The company is revolutionizing the agriculture industry with a platform and products that are helping the worlds farmers sustainably increase productivity with digital tools. We are leveraging Machine Learning and Big Data to build meaningful products that allow farmers to produce enough food to help feed a growing population.
The company is looking for a data engineer to join the Science Data Pipeline team within our Science organization. We are a growing data engineering team that builds and leverages state-of-the-art analytics systems. Our work informs decisions and direction for our business, while also impacting our products. We work cooperatively across research teams to ensure the best possible data and models are being used to help growers understand the impacts of decisions on their operations.
We are looking for an agile researcher with broad experience in applied statistical or physical science research who is a creative problem solver, resourceful in getting things done, and is productive working independently or collaboratively.
Write beautiful, robust, well-documented research code. Engage with diverse research groups to understand their models and products and develop solutions to meet their automation or scaling needs. Evaluate the limitations of existing pipelines (data, modeling or otherwise) and provide recommendations to address unmet needs. Utilize tools or infrastructure developed by Data Analytics, Engineering and Product teams to ensure proper data architectures and computational infrastructure is available to support rapid development and testing on machine and deep learning models that create new value for our farmers. Collaborate with team members and across the Science organization to create high-quality, reproducible tools (like templates, packages and dashboards) that will accelerate model development as well as enable important learnings to be shared more effectively. Undertake written & verbal communication with stakeholders in various parts of the organization in the form of detailed documentation and presentations.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors degree in data science, statistics, computer science or physical sciences, or comparable work experience in agriculture/biotechnology with research experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience is required for the following:
- Strong Python coding skills for development and visualizations, including experience with standard packages (numpy, pandas, matplotlib, seaborn)
- Proficient use of SQL or Spark to extract and manipulate data from Postgres and/or Hadoop (hive, pig, presto) databases
- Experience with Git and other terminal commands
- Experience with Linux and AWS or other cloud based platforms
- Experience with oral presentation and technical writing
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience with geospatial datasets
- Excitement to learn new topics, develop new skills and use new tools
- Experience with web services, api and database design
- Familiarity with NOSQL tools like Hadoop (hive, pig, presto) and PySpark
- Experience with model platforms like Domino
- Interdisciplinary communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with application of statistics to environmental or agricultural problems
- Expertise in data interoperability and analytics
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp agreement.
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Keywords: Python, SQL, Hadoop
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.