Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Data Engineer, Geospatial, Python (144576). Do you have experience with GIS and Python? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
You will design, build and support of cloud and open source systems to process geospatial data assets via an API-based platform. You will partner with other internal development communities to bring needed data sets into the asset and making data available to the company and internal development communities. You will be building highly scalable APIs and associative architecture to support thousands of requests per second. You will work across multiple teams internal/external to gather requirements and ensure project development is aligned to those requirements. You will improve the performance of the existing services and be able to identify the scope for any enhancements. You will also be able to work with parsing, managing, analyzing and making available large sets of data to turn information into insights using multiple platforms. You will be working at all stages of the software life cycle: Proof of Concept, MVP, Production, and Deprecation.
Required Skills & Experience:
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant job experience
- Minimum of 3-year experience with Python development language
- Knowledge in additional programming or scripting languages including but not limited to Java, Scala, and Node.js
- Experience developing HTTP APIs (Open API, REST, and/or GraphQL) which serve up data in an open-source technology, preferably in a cloud environment
- Ability to build and maintain modern cloud architecture, e.g. AWS, Google Cloud, etc.
- Experience working with PostgreSQL/PostGIS
- Experience with code versioning and dependency management systems such as GitHub, SVT, and Maven. Git experience is preferred
- Proven success utilizing Docker to build and deploy within a CI/CD Environment, preferably using Kubernetes and ArgoCD
Desired Skills & Experience:
- MSc in Computer Science or related field
- Highly proficient (5 years) in Python
- Experience with developing HTTP APIs using common Python frameworks (Flask, Django, FastAPI)
- Proven experience (2 years) with distributed systems, e.g. Argo, Kubernetes, Spark, distributed databases, grid computing
- Proficient (4+ years) working in a Command Line Interface system e.g Docker, Argo, K8s, AWS CLI, GCloud, pSQL, SSH
- Experience with stream processing, e.g. Kafka
- Knowledge of Geoserver or other OGC standard technologies
- Experience working with customers/other developers to deliver full-stack development solutions e.g collect software, data, and timeline requirements in an Agile environment
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp agreement.
We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Keywords: Python, Kubernetes, GIS
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.