Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Construction Manager (148584). Do you have experience with CapEx projects and SAP? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
The Construction Manager (CM) is the point of contact over all site construction activities for CapEx projects or one large project using high level communication to inform engineering, the plant staff of site construction and safety activities. They will also have the technical background to prepare and support EWOs, EVM, QIS tools that provide input for project cost reports via SAP.
CM supports field technical issue resolution, collaborating with clients and contractors to assist delivering technical as well as non-technical solutions, utilizing their expertise and construction knowledge. The CM shall possess strong leadership, managerial and communication skills and be able to articulate objectives clearly and concisely with NPE, vendors, contractors, Field Staff, Project Staff, and the Factory Staff. Duties may include preparing, coordinating and reviewing process equipment and building drawing packages, managing internal, contract and other resources involved in the pre-design, construction, engineering and supervising, assigning, scheduling, coordinating and evaluating contractor work. Reports issues related to schedule, cost, progress, safety and design directly to Project Engineering Managers, Plant Project Stakeholders, and/or Contractor Managers.
- Manage Financial, Safety, and schedule Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and redirect any deviations or propose alternatives to the Project Engineering Manager (PEM).
- If required, manage various CM resources when executing major capital projects.
- Review SAP project details in conjunction with PEM and update project management tools such as Microsoft Project, PETPRO, BIM 360, and CXAlloy as necessary.
- Organize, manage, and establish asset tracking, tagging, and project close-out activities in collaboration with facility resources to determine depreciation and final cost transfer.
- Track, sign for, maintain, and positively transfer Non-Production Equipment (NPE) Procured Field Equipment and NPE Assets.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and orderly work site, with safety being the top priority.
Allocation of Time:
- Management Function: 50%
- Direct execution, inspection, and quality acceptance of the project in compliance with relevant specifications, drawings, scope, schedule, and budget.
- Coordinate, drive, and maintain all schedules within the field, ensuring work is planned at least 6 weeks in advance and completed according to the contract schedule.
- Coordination with Project Support Staff, vendors, NPE, PEM, contractors, sub-contractors, plant, and suppliers.
- Prepare and maintain project-specific EWO and Change Order (CO) documentation for CM processing.
- Manage Field Inputs, Request for Information (RFIs), Submittals through CX Alloy or available tools.
- Provide daily and weekly reports to the PEM, with a copy to the plant engineer, including important project-related items.
- Conduct weekly planning meetings with the plant engineer or designate to determine access times for construction activities.
- Lead the shared FIELD support team, which may consist of various on-site supporting project resources (Scheduler, Safety, cost control, expeditor, etc.).
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in construction management
- Strong understanding of the construction process and project management principles
- Experience with SAP, Microsoft Project, PETPRO, BIM 360, and CXAlloy is a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience in the food and beverage industry
- Experience with NPE projects
Pay: 54.95 – 78.50 /hr.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp agreement.
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Keywords: Construction Manager, Project Engineer, SAP, Microsoft Project, PETPRO, BIM 360, CXAlloy, CapEx
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.
All offers of employment at Technology Partners are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check and drug screening that meet corresponding laws and regulations at the city, state and federal level.
Pay ranges are influenced by candidate qualifications, experience, and role specifics, with the actual rate determined considering skills, market conditions, and are subject to change by the employer; pay negotiations follow all state and federal legal guidelines.