Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Application Developer, iSeries, RPG (144719). Do you have experience with RPG? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
You will develop and enhance our robust set of internally developed software systems, customized applications, and integration services. Work individually and as part of a team to build new applications and enhance existing applications through the full software development lifecycle: design, develop, test and support. This includes working with legacy applications built in RPG and on an i5. Consistently apply appropriate enterprise methodologies and standards for software development and execution. Provide analytical and problem-solving expertise to resolve business and systems issues. Proactively identify and provide recommendations on solutions for gaps in business processes and systems. Translate technical information to a non-technical audience. Keep pace with business trends, standards, and best practices in area of expertise, contributing to continuous improvement for the department and company overall. Produce excellent quality code, accurate project estimations, creative solution options and trade-off analysis. Interact with the business stakeholders and subject matter experts to understand business needs and requirements.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 8+ years of experience and proficient in RPG, RPG-ILE, CL, SQL, i5 environments, DDM, DB2 Database, XML, FTP, SFTP and Web Services
- 8+ years of Embedded SQL or SQL Programming Experience
- Should have familiarity working on RESTful APIs and/or SOAP APIs
- Familiarity with ARCAD is a plus
- Experience with database and application modernization (DDS to DDL and RPG to SQL with XML)
- Understanding of the IBM i5 (previously known as iSeries or AS/400) system
- Understanding of database design including normalization, triggers, constraints, etc.
- Knack for writing clean, readable, and easily maintainable code
- Demonstrated ability to define concise and comprehensive specifications
- Outstanding analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Self-driven, flexible, and innovative
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Keywords: iSeries, RPG, RESTful
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.