Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Application Architect, Java (144966). Do you have experience with Agile? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
You will realize your vision by working with and mentoring lead developers to ensure all software components are high-quality and cleanly coded. Assist developers to solve particularly challenging development problems. Guide developers on applying agile principles and XP practices such as test/behavior-driven development, story grooming and continuous improvement via retrospectives. Participate in pair-programming. Collaborate with leads from other disciplines (firmware, microbiology, biomathematics…) to define and manage interfaces between the software and those groups. Advise on balancing customer needs, technical complexity, and the long-term vision of system capabilities. Sustain the ongoing effort to migrate a monolithic architecture into independent deployable components.
Required Skills & Experience:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or related scientific discipline, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 or more years of experience of Java and web development.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Expert in Agile development practices (test-driven development, pair programming, refactoring)
- Expert in Java and common open-source frameworks (Spring, Hibernate, JUnit, other)
- Expert in OO analysis and design experience including Design Patterns
- Expert in Service-based or Microservice architecture and REST concepts
- Expert in Automated unit and acceptance testing
- Proficient in Relational database design and application
- Proficient in Servlet containers (Tomcat, Jetty, other) and basic HTTP server configuration
- Proficient in Build and continuous integration systems (Jenkins, Gradle, other)
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Exposed in Networking and security concepts (certificates, Windows domains, LDAP, other)
- Exposed in Automated installation/deployment processes (Ansible, InnoSetup, Wix, other)
- Exposed in Application cybersecurity analysis or remediation
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time.
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Keywords: architecture, pair programming, Java, AngularJS, security, automation
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.