Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented API Architect (144992). Do you have experience with API? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
The Architect in the API Practice will work closely with program teams across the organization, help promote a culture of an API first approach in solution design by coaching and guiding the solution engineering team. This individual will help design the APIs required for the program in alignment with the guiding principles, best practices and standards laid out by the company. Through these efforts, the architect will contribute to the API marketplace and ensure a single version of the truth of business capabilities and data access. The architect will also participate and contribute significantly to the goals of other workstreams of the company’s API Governance program. To be successful in this role, you will need to influence and partner with other technologists and leaders. You will need to foster relationships with engineers and architects to ensure we are developing cohesive and comprehensive solutions. You may contribute to the development of strategic planning for the department and communicates clear, concise strategic vision. Assists with project planning; provides technical leadership to project teams and/or leads project teams within own area/department and across functional teams. Works on large, complex initiatives that address future concepts, products or technologies; analyzes and evaluates all variable factors and risk. Defines, develops, communicates, and implements standards, processes, and procedures for the team or department. Maintains effective relationships with all levels of company management, internal and external customers that promotes understanding and produces results for both parties. Establishes and monitors key performance metrics to ensure compliance of established standards, processes, and procedures. Analyzes, influences, and translates business requirements into architectural blueprints that align with overall technology vision. May contribute to the global architecture strategies. Gathers and identifies solution needs; performs risk analysis, defines the architecture; acts as the ambassador to drive key stakeholder acceptance. Defines, creates and evaluates processes; identifies, recommends and influences strategic solutions; designs solutions using in-depth knowledge of business strategy, security, technologies and architectural methods. Develops, documents and maintains overall view of architectural blueprints; may lead in the development, documentation and maintenance. Defines the architectural considerations and collaborates with Engineers on the direction for the development of solutions or enhancements; may lead the discovery process. Maintains knowledge of emerging architectural methods and technologies for application to the environment. Provides guidance and oversight across multiple solutions to ensure that the technologies are secure, interoperate and connect appropriately and also support company vision and strategy. Demonstrates knowledge, skills, and behaviors that can transfer and add value across one or more solutions allowing for movement to new areas. Listens to and evaluates customer needs to determine and provide high quality solutions that align with customer expectations; Identifies opportunities for improvement; ensures others are aligned with customer expectations. Actively coaches, mentors and teaches others; uses influence, expertise and leadership to support other teams as they implement solutions. Applies advanced knowledge of professional concepts and company objectives to resolve a wide range of complex issues in creative and effective ways. Has significant autonomy over day-to-day work and the planning of new assignments or projects. Attracts and develops employees capable of achieving the goals and objectives of the company. Protects our customers, our employees, and our brands by incorporating security and compliance in all decisions; ensures security policy and procedure requirements are met; continuously identifies opportunities for improving security and implements strategies to improve our security posture.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- 8 or more years of relevant experience (designing and developing large scale applications)
- 2 or more years of experience with Open API and microservices design in a cloud environment
- Strong knowledge of REST principles
- Professional experience identifying and gathering solution needs; performing risk analysis, defining architecture; acting and driving key stakeholder acceptance
- Experience defining architectural considerations and collaborating with Engineers on the direction for the development of solutions or enhancements
- Ability to communicate at all levels, build and foster relationships, including coaching and mentoring other architects, engineers, and business leaders
- Proven ability to operate in a highly autonomous fashion, repeatedly exercises exceptional, independent judgment, balances strategic against tactical planning
- Experience developing, documenting and maintaining architectural blueprints
- Must possess exceptional communication skills and the ability to effectively defend ideas and solutions; produce business relevant presentations, convey complex information in a manner that is easily understood and actionable to both non-technical and technical leaders
- Must demonstrate flexibility and agility related to critical thinking and making decisions with complex considerations as it relates to business implications
- Protects our customers, our employees, and our brands by incorporating security and compliance in all decisions; ensures security policy and procedure requirements are met; continuously identifies opportunities for improving security and implements strategies to improve our security posture
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field
- Experience with Object Oriented design and modeling
- Domain Driven Design experience
- Experience leading / guiding others through transformational architect changes
- Stay up to date on industry trends, products, applications, technical service, market conditions, and competitive activities
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp agreement.
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!