Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Agile Project Leader (144747). Do you have experience with Agile? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
Leading medium to large projects simultaneously, with a medium to high degree of risk, visibility and urgency within a functional area or at times spanning multiple areas, divisions or outside vendors. Leading project coordinators and/or project team members in completion of medium to large scope projects. Ensuring project schedule, scope and quality objectives are met by monitoring, using metrics and controls to measure progress, taking corrective action and escalating issues when necessary. Assess trade-offs to scope using cost / benefit analysis and make recommendations to senior leaders. Schedule prjoect tasks and facilitate meetings, communicate progress and develop solutions to meet project goals. This may be related to a large project and have multiple sub-projects and develop processes for PPM and Product Management Lifecycles. Provide timely communication of relevant data to senior leadership for decision making. Establishing and maintain effective communications and relationships across multiple areas, divisions, outside vendors and project leaders/teams who are working on sub-projects within a project. Driving business efforts and recommending improvements in project management and industry “best in class” practices within the firm as the key business contact on the project. Support the development of business cases for senior management while demonstrating thought leadership, innovative tendencies, and drive for results. Providing leadership, development and mentoring to team through modeling of best practices and providing timely feedback. Assist with vendor selection in a project with vendors. Assist with managing vendor relationship throughout the life of the project. Ensuring all defects are logged properly and communicated to the project team responsible for fixing the defects. Position may have influence over projects/programs that could impact the entire division/firm/clients. May work on multiple large, complex efforts at one time. Processes or systems developed may be used for several years, so impacts of performance and decisions could be significant and possibly long-term. Projects may pose significant risk or provide significant benefit to the firm. Leadership responsibilities include project-related work direction and coaching of associates. Verbal/written performance feedback is provided to the project associates’ leaders. May have responsibility for other associates. Affects and interacts with all levels of the firm. They are in frequent contact with partners, leaders and associates in other departments and divisions. This role may have a significant amount of interaction with senior leadership. Participates in the planning process at the division level. Looks at project impacts across multiple departments/divisions. Assists with strategic/annual planning. Develop firm-wide project leadership through contributions to initiatives driven by the PMO (e.g., PL symposiums, training classes and formal mentoring).
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree is required or equivalent work experience. MBA or graduate degree preferred
- 3-5 years of project management or product management experience leading division level complexprojects/products is required, with the ability of creating, monitoring, and interpreting product / project performance metrics through the entire development lifecycles.
- Project Management certification (PMP, SAFe and/or Company Specific Certifications) preferred/required within 2 years.
- Appropriate licenses as required by the business area (Series 7 and 63, CPA, etc.).
- Possess a working knowledge of project and product management life cycles. Has the ability to utilize and decipher which method to use and when to use Agile or Waterfall Methodologies.
- 3-5 years of industry or position-related experience. Previous leadership experience preferred.
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills; effectively communicates with project team, other project leaders, multiple areas, divisions and outside vendors. Incorporates effective listening and collaboration skills.
- Ability to independently identify, prioritize, monitor, communicate, and/or resolve elements that can impact the entire project lifecycle.
- Strong problem solving skills – know when to escalate, ability to identify alternatives, assist in analysis and resolution of issues and provide recommendations.
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
Keywords: Agile, PMP, SAFe
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs!
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.