Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity, and Ambiguity – or VUCA – are the realities of the world we live in today. Dr. Bob Johansen, Distinguished Fellow at the Institute for the Future, has authored or co-authored 12 books and recently completed a trilogy that details the types of leadership that will thrive in the next decade. Dig into this episode to shape your own management style.
Bio: Bob Johansen began working with IFTF in 1973 and has worked as a professional futurist for nearly 50 years. The author or co-author of 12 books and a frequent keynote speaker, he recently completed a trilogy of that details the types of leadership that will thrive in the next decade. The New Leadership Literacies focuses on essential practices of leadership (picking up where Leaders Make the Future, its more skills-oriented precursor) left off. In 2020, he published Full-Spectrum Thinking, which focuses on the need for a futureback mindset. His latest book, Office Shock: Creating Better Futures for Working and Living, is co-written with IFTF colleagues Joseph Press and Christine Bullen. Bob holds a B.S. from the University of Illinois (which he attended on a basketball scholarship), an MDiv from Crozer Theological Seminary (where Martin Luther King, Jr. attended divinity school), and a Ph.D. in Sociology of Religion from Northwestern University.
Bob’s Something Extra: “The Something Extra comes out your answers to the following questions: How do you slide the scale on purpose, outcomes, climate, belonging, augmentation, time, place, and agility?”
- Bob’s LinkedIn
- Institute for the Future Website
- Office Shock: Creating Better Futures for Working and Living
- Get There Early: Sensing the Future to Compete in the Present
- The New Leadership Literacies: Thriving in a Future of Extreme Disruption and Distributed Everything
– Lisa Nichols, Host
– Jenny Heal, Executive Producer
– Joe Szynkowski, Marketing Support
– Kendall Brewer, Director of Leadership Programs
– Portside Media, Podcast Engineer